PA PAC members will meet at Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (4907 Garrett Rd, Durham, NC 27707) on Wednesday, September 5 at 6pm ET to discuss the candidates and endorse those candidates who share our progressive values.
Doors open at 5pm and all attendees must check in, join or renew their membership as necessary. The meeting will start promptly at 6pm ET. Please arrive early if you plan to sign up or renew on site.
Childcare will be provided.
The endorsement process:
We will make endorsement decisions on the following contests at this meeting: North Carolina Supreme Court, North Carolina Court of Appeals, North Carolina Superior Court, North Carolina District Court, Soil & Water Conservation District Supervisors and Constitutional amendments.
Before you attend, please review the candidate questionnaires (available after August 5). At the outset of the meeting, PAC leadership will propose that members vote to approve a consent agenda for endorsements in contests where the progressive choice is very clear. Any voting member may object if they wish for the membership body to debate and vote on that contest separately at the end of the agenda. Copies of the endorsement procedures will be provided in English and Spanish).
PA membership requirements for PAC endorsement meetings:
- Every PA member who has paid dues for 2018 and been a member for at more than 30 days prior to the endorsement meeting (August 6) can speak and vote at the endorsement meeting.
- Members that have joined PA for the first time since August 6, including those who join at the door, are welcome and encouraged to speak at the meeting, but cannot vote at this meeting.
- Lapsed members may renew at any time to speak and vote at the endorsement meeting. All memberships expire December 31 each year. If you have not renewed for 2018, but plan to attend the endorsement meeting, please speed entry by renewing online now rather than at the door of the meeting.
- Membership dues are $35 for individuals, $50 for households and $10/sliding scale for those who request it. Volunteering in lieu of membership dues is also available. Click here to join or renew.
- All members must, in good conscience, subscribe to the People’s Alliance Vision Statement (la vision de PA en Espanol)
A complete list of frequently asked questions about PAC membership and procedures is available here.
4907 Garrett Rd
Durham, NC 27707
Google map and directions