PA PAC members will meet at Brogden Middle School (1001 Leon St, Durham, NC 27704) on Thursday, March 29 at 7pm ET to discuss the candidates and endorse those candidates who share our progressive values.
Doors open at 6pm and all attendees must check in, join or renew their membership as necessary. The meeting will start promptly at 7pm ET. Please arrive early if you plan to sign up or renew on site.
Childcare will be provided.
The endorsement process:
PA PAC will make endorsements for the contests that are to be voted on in the Spring primary and School Board election, as well as those that do not have primaries but will appear on the November general election ballot.
We will make endorsement decisions on the following contests at this meeting: Durham County Sheriff, District Attorney District 16, Durham County Board of Education District 1, 2, 3 and 4, US House of Representatives Districts 1 and 4, NC Senate Districts 20 and 22, NC House of Representatives Districts 29, 30, 31 and 54, Durham County Clerk of Superior Court.
Before you attend, please review the candidate questionnaires. At the outset of the meeting, PAC leadership will propose that members vote to approve a consent agenda for endorsements in contests where the progressive choice is very clear. Any voting member may object if they wish for the membership body to debate and vote on that contest separately at the end of the agenda.
PA membership requirements for PAC endorsement meetings:
- Every PA member who has paid dues for 2018 and been a member for at more than 30 days prior to the endorsement meeting can speak and vote at the endorsement meeting.
- Members that have joined PA for the first time since February 28, including those who join at the door, are welcome and encouraged to speak at the meeting, but cannot vote at this meeting.
- Lapsed members may renew at any time to speak and vote at the endorsement meeting. All memberships expire December 31 each year. If you have not renewed for 2018, but plan to attend the endorsement meeting, please help us by renewing online now rather than at the door of the meeting.
- Membership dues are $35 for individuals, $50 for households and $10/sliding scale for those who request it. Volunteering in lieu of membership dues is also available. Click here to join or renew.
- All members must, in good conscience, subscribe to the People’s Alliance Vision Statement. To read the statement, visit www.durhampa.org/vision_statement.
A complete list of frequently asked questions about PAC membership and procedures is available here.
1001 Leon St
Durham, NC 27704
Google map and directions
Each election, PA PAC develops a candidate questionnaire to better understand the candidates' positions on the important issues facing Durham. The questionnaires and resumes received to date for the upcoming primary election are provided below.Read more