People's Alliance PAC Virtual Endorsement Meeting Scheduled for Monday, August 17
People's Alliance PAC members will meet virtually via Zoom on Monday, August 17 at 6pm to debate and endorse a candidate for the office of Soil and Water District Supervisor and to make a recommendation for a candidate to fill the unexpired term of School Board member Xavier Carson, who has resigned.
An email with the Zoom link to the meeting will be sent to People's Alliance PAC members who are in good standing as of August 15 at 6 pm.
The Zoom meeting's waiting room will open at 5:30 pm and all attendees must sign in with their first and last names to enable volunteers to confirm membership and voting status.
Click here to join or renew your People's Alliance membership online. If you are not able to join or renew online, please call the People's Alliance at (919) 682-7777 or email them at email@example.com. Remember to call or email as soon as possible, because the Zoom invite will only go out to those members in good standing as of 6 p.m. on August 15.
For information about voting and participation eligibility, please see the PA PAC's FAQs.
Candidate questionnaire responses are available here.
PA membership requirements for PAC endorsement meetings:
- Every PA member who has paid dues for 2020 and been a member for more than 60 days prior to the endorsement meeting (joined on or before June 18, 2020) can speak and vote at the endorsement meeting.
- Members who joined PA for the first time after June 18, 2020, are welcome to attend and encouraged to speak at the meeting, but cannot vote at this meeting.
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, PA PAC endorsement meetings may be held in a virtual setting. At such meetings it will be impossible to join PA or to renew a PA membership “at the door.” Instead, we ask that persons desiring to participate in a virtual endorsement meeting join PA or renew their memberships at least two full days prior to the date set for the meeting. The August 17 endorsement meeting will be held virtually. Therefore, everyone who wants to attend must join or renew no later than August 15, 2020 at 6 pm.
Lapsed members may renew at any time prior to August 15, 2020 at 6 pm to speak and vote at the endorsement meeting. All memberships expire December 31 each year. If you have not renewed for 2020, but plan to attend the endorsement meeting, please renew online no later than August 15, 2020 at 6 p.m.
- Membership dues are $35 for individuals, $50 for households and $10/sliding scale for those who request it. Volunteering in lieu of membership dues is also available. Click here to join or renew.
All members must, in good conscience, subscribe to the People’s Alliance Vision Statement. To read the statement, visit www.durhampa.org/vision_statement.
- All members who attend the meeting will be asked to keep the results of the meeting confidential for 24 hours following the meeting, and to keep confidential the identity of speakers at the meeting.
- All membership dues are used to support the activities of the People’s Alliance and no funds are retained by the People’s Alliance PAC to support or oppose any candidates for elected office.
A complete list of frequently asked questions about PAC membership and procedures is available here.