The City of Durham is accepting applications to fill the at-large city council seat recently vacated by Charlie Reece. The City will accept applications from March 11 until March 25 at 5 p.m. Find the application and review submitted applications on the City's website.
The City describes the process as follows:
- Friday, March 11–Friday, March 25: Applications accepted through March 25 at 5 p.m.
- Thursday, April 7 at 1 p.m.: City Council identifies finalists for appointment consideration during its regularly scheduled Work Session.
- Monday, May 2 at 4 p.m.: City Council interviews finalists at a special meeting in City Hall Council Chambers.
- Tuesday, May 3 at 6 p.m.: City Council will conduct a public comment period during a special meeting in City Hall Council Chambers, and will then make its final selection.
- Oath of Office Date: City Clerk will coordinate with the appointee to select a date and time to administer their oath of office.
People's Alliance PAC will not conduct an endorsement process. PA PAC will make information about the appointment process available on this site.