The People's Alliance PAC invited all candidates who filed to run for office in Durham County (except those running for Town of Cary offices) to participate in our endorsement process. We have also invited two candidates seeking to run for Sheriff without a party affiliation by collecting a sufficient number of signatures in advance of the General Election in November.
The endorsement process includes completing a questionnaire and participating in an interview with a committee of People's Alliance members. All candidates for each office are listed below, along with any responses they made to the People's Alliance PAC's invitation to participate in the endorsement process.
Non-partisan offices that will have final results on May 17 appear first, followed by County offices, District offices, Statewide offices, and finally Federal offices. Not all races listed will be on the ballot during the primary election on May 17. Find your sample ballot here.Read more
People's Alliance PAC 2022 Virtual Endorsement Meeting Scheduled for April 3
(post updated 3/10/22)
Register here for the endorsement meeting.
Members of the People's Alliance PAC will once again meet virtually, on April 3, to endorse candidates for offices up and down the ballot.
The endorsement meeting will take place on April 3, 2022 at 1 pm. The endorsement meeting will be virtual, held on Zoom. Interpretation between English and Spanish will be available.
All attendees must join or renew their membership and register for the meeting no later than 5 pm on March 29 in order to participate. The meeting will start promptly at 1 pm.
For information about voting and participation eligibility, please visit: https://www.peoplesalliancepac.org/
PA membership requirements for PAC endorsement meetings:
- Every PA member who has paid dues for 2022 and been a member for more than 60 days prior to the endorsement meeting (joined by the end of the day on February 2, 2022) can speak and vote at the endorsement meeting.
- Members who joined PA for the first time after February 2, 20222, are welcome and encouraged to speak at the meeting, but cannot vote at this meeting.
Lapsed members may renew at any time before 5 pm on March 29, to speak and vote at the endorsement meeting. If you have not renewed for 2022, but plan to attend the endorsement meeting, please renew online now.
- Membership dues are $35 for individuals, $50 for households and $10/sliding scale for those who request it. Volunteering in lieu of membership dues is also available. Click here to join or renew.
All members must, in good conscience, subscribe to the People’s Alliance Vision Statement. The Vision Statement may be read aloud at the start of the meeting. To read the statement, visit www.durhampa.org/vision_statement.
- All members who attend the meeting will be asked to keep the results of the meeting confidential for 24 hours following the meeting, and to permanently keep confidential the identity of speakers at the meeting.
- All membership dues are used to support the activities of the People’s Alliance and no funds are retained by the People’s Alliance PAC to support or oppose any candidates for elected office.
- If you would like to support the work of the People's Alliance PAC, we encourage you to donate!
A complete list of frequently asked questions about PAC membership and procedures is available here.
UPDATE AS OF DECEMBER 8, 2021: ALL ELECTIONS SCHEDULED TO TAKE PLACE ON MARCH 8, 2022, HAVE BEEN POSTPONED BY ORDER OF THE NC SUPREME COURT TO MAY 17, 2022. PA PAC TO DELAY ALL ENDORSEMENT ACTIVITY UNTIL CANDIDATES ARE PERMITTED TO FILE TO RUN FOR OFFICE.
The People’s Alliance PAC will host its 2022 endorsement meeting on Saturday, January 22, 2022, in preparation for the March 8, 2022, statewide primary election. The endorsement meeting will take place remotely using Zoom. An email will go out to members in January with instructions to register for the meeting. Current members of the People's Alliance who register for the meeting will receive Zoom link to attend.
You must be a People’s Alliance member to participate in the endorsement meeting.
For 2021 People's Alliance members, and lapsed members who have not yet renewed their membership for the 2022 calendar year, renew online by January 16, 2022, to allow the People's Alliance time to process your membership before the endorsement meeting. These members may speak on behalf of candidates and vote to endorse candidates.
New members who join the People's Alliance for the first time after November 23, 2021, (less than 60 days before the endorsement meeting) may attend the meeting and speak on behalf of candidates but may not vote to endorse a candidate at that meeting. They will be able to vote at all subsequent endorsement meetings if they renew their memberships in advance of the meeting.
New members who join People's Alliance for the first time on or before November 23, 2021, (at least 60 days before the endorsement meeting) may attend, speak on behalf of candidates, and vote at the meeting.
While memberships typically expire at the end of the calendar year, members who joined for the first time or renewed after November 1, 2021, are members through December 31, 2022.