People's Alliance PAC 2020 Endorsement Meeting Scheduled for Tuesday, January 14
PA PAC members will meet at Shepherd Magnet Middle School (2401 Dakota Street, Durham, NC 27707) on Tuesday, January 14 at 7pm to debate and endorse those candidates for local and statewide races, in preparation for the March 3, 2020 statewide primary, who share our progressive values.
Doors open at 6pm and all attendees must check in, join or renew their membership in order to participate. The meeting will start promptly at 7pm.
Click here to join or renew your People's Alliance membership online. If you are not able to join or renew online, please arrive to the endorsement meeting as early as possible to sign up or renew on site.
Childcare will be provided.
For information about voting and participation eligibility, please visit: https://www.peoplesalliancepac.org/
Candidate questionnaires will be available in early January and members will be notified when they are posted on the PA PAC website.
PA membership requirements for PAC endorsement meetings:
- Every PA member who has paid dues for 2020 and been a member for more than 60 days prior to the endorsement meeting (joined by the end of the day on November 15, 2019) can speak and vote at the endorsement meeting.
- Members who joined PA for the first time after November 15, 2019 (November 16, or later), including those who join at the door, are welcome and encouraged to speak at the meeting, but cannot vote at this meeting.
- New members that have joined PA for the first time on or after October 1, 2019, but before the November 15 deadline will be able to vote at the January endorsement meeting. While memberships typically expire at the end of the calendar year, new members that have joined since October 1 will have their memberships extended to expire December 31, 2020.
Lapsed members may renew at any time to speak and vote at the endorsement meeting. All memberships expire December 31 each year. If you have not renewed for 2020, but plan to attend the endorsement meeting, please renew online now rather than at the door of the meeting.
- Membership dues are $35 for individuals, $50 for households and $10/sliding scale for those who request it. Volunteering in lieu of membership dues is also available. Click here to join or renew.
All members must, in good conscience, subscribe to the People’s Alliance Vision Statement. Written copies of the statement will be available at the meeting, and it will be read aloud at the start of the meeting. To read the statement, visit www.durhampa.org/vision_statement.
- All members who attend the meeting will be asked to keep the results of the meeting confidential for 24 hours following the meeting, and to keep confidential the identity of speakers at the meeting.
- All membership dues are used to support the activities of the People’s Alliance and no funds are retained by the People’s Alliance PAC to support or oppose any candidates for elected office.
A complete list of frequently asked questions about PAC membership and procedures is available here.
2401 Dakota St
Durham, NC 27707
Google map and directions